Cancer: Everything You Need To Know
Cancer is a category of diseases involving abnormal cell growth with the possibility to spread to several parts of the body. Cancer Symptoms comprise of unexplained weightloss, abnormal bleeding, prolonged cough, lumps among others. The risk of cancer increases remarkably with age.
A 2017 report from WHO says that every minute 17 people lose their lives due to this disease.
9.6 million people die from cancer every year, as official figures.
Today, we will be discussing so many valid issues regarding Cancer for its prevention and cure.
What is Cancer and how it is caused?
Cancer is a disease which is originated by the genetic changes that leads the way to uncontrolled growth of cell and causes in the formation of tumor. In more general terms, Cancer is an abnormal cell growth and division of cells which frequently develops in one area but spreads due to lymph nodes.
Every day, millions of old cells in our body die and are restored by new cells. But sometimes when these new cell growth takes place, they happen to grow at an abnormal rate and eventually outcome into a lump of unwanted cells in a specific area. This lump of abnormally growth of cells is normal when the cells are lesser in number and are not harmful to health. Other times when these lumps start to multiply and do not stop; they form cancerous bodies that are very dangerous.
Most Common Cancer Types:
Are you aware which Cancers are the most common ones? WHO has identified the following Cancers as the most widespread :
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
What are the Symptoms of Cancer?
Depending on the types of cancer, the symptoms can differ from people to people. The most common symptoms of cancer that are visible in all types of cancer are:
- Change in urination and excretion – frequently noticing blood in urine or bowel movement.
- Abnormal bleeding or discharge of some kind.
- Thickening of a particular surface of body and shaping of unusual lump.
- Harassing cough and blood in cough.
- Slow healing of wounds and sores.
- Indigestion, hard to swallow properly.
What are the Preventions for Cancer?
The following are the preventive measures one can take to avoid Cancer.
- Do you smoke? Quit smoking right away. And if you are not a smoker, don’t obtain this deadly habit. Tobacco’s particles can cause cancers of the mouth, throat, cervix, kidney and bladder. Don’t chew tobacco. Also try to limit your exposure to second-hand smoking.
- Don’t drink alcohol or even if you do, then drink in control. Alcoholism can cause liver, kidney, breast, colon and lung cancers in both men and women.
- Lean meat is good for you but red meat is not. The International Agency For Research On Cancer considers all forms of red meat (such as goat, lamb, pigs) as possibly carcinogenic.
- Lose weight as Obesity multiplies the risk of different cancers. And this is a problem you can easily deal with simply going to the gym or a morning run to lose weight.
- Save yourself from the dangerous UV rays. Shield yourself with sunscreen, umbrellas and hats. Avoid going out at noon.
- Since hepatitis B can give you cancer, get vaccinated as soon as possible.
- Use protective gear if you are exposed to dangerous substances like lead, asbestos etc.
- Breast cancer, cervical cancer and skin cancer are preventable because they all have screening tests that can detect the cancers in the early stages.
If you notice any unusual change in or on your body, or if you feel unwell, do not waste time, talk to an expert at HORIZON PRIME HOSPITAL. Stay healthy and alert to defeat cancer.